Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gaghspleen

Yeah, that's what happens when you mess with ninjas XD. Strange, I remember reading that comic when I was a sophomore...>_>

Anyway, I was just stressposting when I started writing this. I'd done a bunch of assignments yesterday morning under the illusion that they were due then, and was totally freaking out until my last period. -__- Now I'm feeling pretty bushwhacked. I've been going through a lot of days like this lately, despite the free time I have on Tuesday and Thursday (no classes - ew). I'm pretty tired of the weird fluctuations of boredom and stress.

It's kind of evening out. I'm studying on most of those days to get ahead and read the lectures we'll be doing in my classes and kind of just coast it from there. All in all, not so bad. I just wish that I could reschedule so that my free hour is AFTER my last class...meh. Whatever. Not a huge deal.

Senioritis is in full strength now. I'm a bit tired of the lack of control I have in my current schedule. I can't even drive at the moment (my fault, but not the point), which is irritating. Otherwise opportune times become those hours of bugging the people in your house because it's the most entertaining thing to do. Leaving the house is iffy, because by the time I'm free to consider it it's not worth the two-hour transit on the bus just to bug people outside my house. So, now what?

Blogging. Duh. And watching Starcraft pro replays. I love them little Koreans.

Though, I do have an amusing anecdote. Yesterday morning I didn't bring any material to my Chemistry course, just out of curiousity for what would happen. Towards the end of class, the professor gives us a problem about a Lewis structure for the chemical formula of phosphorus triiodide. After doing it in my head in about three seconds, I just lay back in my seat and wait for the next one calmly. I suddenly catch the teacher mouthing something in my direction like, "Are you done?"

I point innocently at myself. "Me?" I give a thumbs-up.

Something rare happens. The professor comes away from the whiteboard, and asks me "Can you teach the next problem?"

Boy, I was nervous, but I did it. It wasn't so hard, since all of them only had a single bond, and I got an applause for my efforts. And apparently she wants students to teach "more often" in the future. Go figure, eh?

It must be difficult, when you're starting out, to teach really well and get your class off the ground and into the mode of discussion that you want. I mean, most of us don't think about it, but a good teacher is usually one we don't notice - it's the exceptional, quirky, or bad ones that we remember. I think I'll remember my Chemistry professor mainly because she's a nut, and we love her. Every day, she reminds us that she's dyslexic and proud of it. I wonder how many people I know will become teachers? It's strange to think about.

Anyway, back to some more Mistborn. XD I love this series so much.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Dude senioritis is when you stop doing assignments or highly procrastinate them because you just want to be done with stupid school already. You were just saying you get ahead on lectures...not possible in my senioritis. Mine was so bad I thought I might fail English 2020 and not graduate. I seriously didn't do any research until late March, then wrote a 15 page paper in a week. Not fun don't do that. Ever.

Also you should play the Metal Gear Solid series and blog about how it blows your mind and how it's one of the greatest storylines ever. If you have already, you're ahead of your time, which is good.

And I also hate the bored/stress erraticness. Just wait til you're out of UCAS and have more free time and nothing to do. I'm going through it right now it sucks not having people to hang with to occupy my energies. But surely you will so be patient young padawon. If I'm not using that right, that's cause I know nothing about Star Wars.

 
At February 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I remember the Metal Gear series as a kid. XD Or rather how uncoordinated I was with the control scheme, and the fact I didn't understand why he needed to be sneaky.

Still, Patriots was a very fun demo. Ordinarily, I would go more in-depth, but I lack money, so I haven't gotten many games recently.

 

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home