Monday, March 19, 2012

Erich's dad asked Erich about the poverty level around his area. Here's his response:
How's the poverty? Bahaha. We haven't had running water (read: non-drinking water you don't have delivered to you) for the last three days, and only now has stuff been looking up - the downstairs has the tap, and we've had to ferry buckets and other empty containers for showers and the like. Everything uses gates, not doors, and everything's rather dirty. But you know what? I don't mind that much. I'm not having hardly any problems with health, and I have loved 99.9% of the food (can't say everything because of this morning - the Brazilian Elder living with us was given this fruit which smelled hideous, but actually tasted alright). I've been religious about brushing my teeth (sorry, had to say it XD), and making sure that I'm staying clean. I see a lot of kids especially living in the streets here, bone-thin and wasting away in the same spot every day, because they don't have the energy to go find the things they need to live. It's sad. But a sobering thought is that I actually have the richest area in the entire mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home