Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Grind is Getting Less Stressful!/O Ralar Tá Ficando Menos Estressante!

Well, people, this last week was something wonderful for me. Second week of college made me more comfortable with the routine that I have to have to be successful. I'm still getting used to sheer work bit by bit, and juggle everything else that call away my attention. Distractions are always a challenge of life, and before my mission I was nothing but distracted, but can see how the learning from my mission is blessing me there. The only thing I don't like is applying what I learned, and noticing that in order to have a reasonable hope of being able to schedule more than a small bit of time for hobbies I have to schedule it a week and a half in advance! Geez! But I guess that's it's not supposed to be a cakewalk. Good thing I like the things I primarily do now!

This week, another fruit of my efforts as a missionary is coming to light - there was a mission farewell of a friend of mine, Matt Peterson, I spent my entire mission trying to get to go on one himself! This friend was a friend who prayed a lot to be on a mission. I sent a lot of letters to him. I don't know that what I sent was what made ​​decide to go , but I know the Lord heard my prayers for him . Only happiness today. :D He went for his second time with me to the temple this last week with me. Man, it's been almost longer than my whole mission since I've gone to the temple! I'm grateful for having been able to go, and to spend the whole morning with my friend. I was able to review all of the blessings that I made with the Lord there, and all of the blessings - and there's a lot. I'm reminded of the potential we all have...personally, I felt a lot of encouraging things. I felt that good grades with the 16 credit-hours at college should be doable, and that the priorities I have in my life are the the ones God wants me to have.I felt that my current course in life was good, so long as I didn't forget to check myself and review the goals and plans I'd made. There were others too...but those were the big ones.

For those who don't know, the "temple" is a sacred place for Mormons like myself, which is different than the churches that are usually seen. Temples are relatively few, and are much more special because of the special worship that we perform inside them. We consider the nature of worship so precious  that we are discreet with details. However, what happens there is no secret, and all those who follow the Lord's standards can participate.

The other news is that I'm finally taking control again of an old programming project of mine called ModDamage , which is a program that lets people control virtually all aspects of game mechanics of Minecraft . It was great fun and taught me a lot handle such complexity first . The friend of mine who's going on a mission maintained it while I was gone - and he made it a much more complicated program. In fact, he made it so complicated that now I have to spend time getting to know it again and documenting stuff as I do it . Not much programming to do until then! But it's got to do directly with my current major. It's good to be able to apply the things that are being crammed in my head!

Life is full of blessings . You guys are a great part of them, and I am grateful for you in my life . Keep in touch!

-Erich
Bom, pessoal, esta última semana foi pra mim algo maravilhoso. Segunda semana de faculdade me fez mais confortável com a rotina que tenho que ter para ter sucesso - tô me acostumando aos pouquinhos com a força do trabalho, e prestidigitar todas as outras coisas que chamam a minha atenção. Distrações sempre são um desafio da vida, e antes da missão era nada a não ser distraído, mas estou vendo como o aprendizado da missão está me abençoando assim. A única coisa de que não gosto é aplicar o que aprendi lá, e perceber que para ter uma esperança razoável de conseguir marcar mais que pouco tempo para coisa de hobby terei que agendar com mais ou menos uma semana e meia de antecedência. Nossa! Suponho que não seja para ser moleza. Ainda bem que gosto das coisas principais que faço!

Esta semana, outro fruto dos meus esforços como missionário está vindo à luz - teve uma despedida de missão de um amigo meu, o Matt Peterson, que passei a missão inteira tentando ajudá-lo ir a uma própria dele! Esse amigo foi um amigo que orei muito para que fosse para a missão. Mandei muitas cartas para ele. Não sei que o que mandei era o que fez com que decidisse a ir, mas sei que o Senhor ouviu as orações a favor dele. Só felicidade hoje. :D Foi a segunda vez dele estar no templo esta semana, esta vez comigo! Nossa, faz quase mais que o tempo da missão que não estive num templo! Eu sou grato por ter tido condições de ir, e passar a manhã inteira lá com um amigo. Pude revisar todas as promessas que fiz com o Senhor lá, e todas a bênçãos - e são muitas. Sinto-me lembrado do potencial que todos temos...pessoalmente, senti várias coisas animadoras. Senti que boas notas nas 16 horas de crédito lá na faculdade devam ser alcancáveis, e que as prioridades que tenho na minha vida são as que Deus quer que tenha. Senti que a minha trajetória era boa, desde que não me esquecesse de me checar e revisar as metas e planos que já havia feito. Tinham outras também...mas essas eram as principais.

Para os que não conheçam, o "templo" é um lugar sagrado aos mórmons como eu próprio, que é diferente que as igrejas que normalmente se vêem. Templos são comparativamente poucos, e são muito mais especiais por causa da adoração especial que realizamos neles. Consideramos a natureza dessa adoração tão preciosa que somos discretos com os detalhes. Porém, o que acontece lá não é segredo, e todo mundo que seguir aos padrões do Senhor poderá participar.

As outras novidades são que finalmente estou tomando controle novamente de um projeto de programação antigo meu que se chama de ModDamage, que é um programa que deixa a gente controlar virtualmente todos os aspectos de mecânicos do jogo de Minecraft. Foi muito divertido e me ensinou muito manusear tanta complexidade pela primeira vez. O amigo meu que vai para a missão foi quem o manteve enquanto estava embora - e ele fez o programa bem mais complicado. De fato, fez tão complicado que agora vou ter que passar o tempo procurando o conhecer de novo e documentando coisa ao fazê-lo. Nem vou tar programando muita coisa até aí! Mas vai ter a ver diretamente com meu curso atual. É bom poder aplicar as coisas que estão sendo atulhadas na minha cabeça!

A vida é cheia de bênçãos. Vocês são muitas delas, e sou grato por vocês na minha vida. Mantenham o contato!

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home