Thursday, December 22, 2011

An update for my visa!

So, this last Wednesday (the 14th) I had the opportunity to go with Danae Burton, her sister Carissa, and Tiana Richardson to the Provo Temple. I'm still unfamiliar with much of the goings-on in the temple, but I was able to do sealings with Tiana while Carissa and Danae went to the baptistry.

I mention this because not two days after, I attended a wedding in Salt Lake City for my cousin, and since his brother was late I was asked to act as a witness for the marriage itself. Luckily for me, I'd already done a sealing! It was an awesome opportunity. I was rather surprised how short a time it took for the actual ceremony.

Anyway, while I was in Salt Lake, I stopped by the LDS Chuch Office building so I could take care of some details in Missionary Travel - they'd finally gotten back with me about my visa! They estimate that it'll be roughly 6-8 weeks from that time to get me my visa to Brazil.This means while I'm certainly gonna have my MTC experience in Provo instead of Sao Paulo, I shouldn't be delayed in going out to Maceio where I was called!

Might be a delayed response, but I'm getting so excited! I already know a few of the people that teach Portuguese at the Provo MTC, and they're really friendly and easy to speak with in both languages. I suppose that my biggest worry about living in the MTC now is just maintaining a healthy weight... XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home