Monday, February 4, 2013

Just 2 of us in the office now



This last week was interesting, because after some shifts in the mission areas here the other two non-secretaries in our little quartet were transferred. I'm now the official only companion of E. Rios, and we rock in the organization department. :3 And now our ward has two other full-time missionaries that proselyte the whole day, so now we're not scrambling to handle all fronts with the three hourzinhos that we get normally...IF everything goes according to plan. I've noticed it's a lot easier to plan with smaller units...funny how that works, innit?

Actually, this last week I've deepened my understanding, and learned the value of delegation. With a little follow-up from Pres. I'm learning about the Franklin Covey method of handling priorities.
Everything just went better with planning and allocating time for everything. I'm looking forward to this next week, because I'll have more time for my journal (since I'm...like...a month and a half behind) and recording both the large and small plates. I'm hoping to make something that we'll all treasure when I get home, so I consider it a priority. If you think about it, though, letters are also small plates, if you make them that way. Look at the Bible, for instance - the New Testament is composed of many such letters to the growing stakes of Zion after Christ's death.

Alright, I'll cut off that line of thought. However, I'm immensely proud of the work I did this last week, and of my companion. He's a great guy, and he reminds me a lot of one of my computer friends back at home (you guys know who it is ;). I know I can count on him, and I think that's why I've got a feeling the next few transfers in the office here are gonna be swell. I'm excited to help out my mission in the way I am.

Hmmm...for now, that's all I've got. The new guys that are living with us are rambunctious, but it makes for a lively living here in the Farol area. I hope everybody I know and love is well, and that they're growing closer towards God every day. Don't forget to write, as always; I'll try my best to get the E. Bednar notes to all those I've promised shall receive.

Love,
Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home