Monday, April 1, 2013

We've got a family lined up!

This last week went by fast. Wow. My brain's trying to cope with the fact that it's going to be resuming a complete missionary focus. But it'll be good - a change is as good as a rest, right? And in the meantime, it's not over - I've still got about 18ish pages of documentation to bang out and get into a little notebook. It'll be great. And now the transfer's rapidly approaching!

We had some really funny investigators this week. We taught one girl, Priscila, way out in the sticks that was sitting and talking with some relatives on the street, whose mom was preparing dinner inside while we taught. Her mom comes out hooting and hollering for everybody to come inside, and the investigator says this:

"Mãe! Cala a boca! Pare de atrapalhar, tô escutando mensageiros de Deus!"
"Mom! Shut up! Stop getting in the way, I'm listening to messengers of God!"

She actually wasn't trying to be offensive, but she indicated her excitement to hear our messageI'm sure there's better ways to phrase the importance of our message than "Shut up!", but there you have it. Wish I had more 20 more enthused investigators like that, but I think that's every missionary's lament. But actually...that's where we've got the best news of all. We've got a family lined up for this week!

I'm really, truly joyful for the success that our message has had with this one family we're teaching.
We're now working with a family of 3 that'll super firm and excited to get baptized, and it looks like they'll be bringing more relatives from the woodworks here soon. I probably won't be around to help with the others that are coming to Macieó, but seeing the progress of the leadership in the family has given me a new perspective on how God works with those who are willing. The irony is that we're getting to know the area the best in the last 3 weeks of work - the members are really helping us out here, and I'm glad to leave Farol stronger than I found it. If I'm lucky, I might just be transferred as a normal missionary to Farol. I doubt it, since a rather large ripple in the leadership's gonna happen here shortly, but a guy can dream, right?

I'm always excited for changes, because on the mission they mean a new phase of life. Like, literally. The whole environment and experience changes. If I'm lucky, I'll be hitting the road for Sergipe - if not, it's because I'm needed somewhere else. Letters will take a few weeks longer to get to me now, but I love y'all, and still want 'em! Don't forget to write!

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home