Monday, May 14, 2012

In the Field - Awwwwyeah.

Well, this sucks. I took a ton of awesome pictures today, but I don't have my converter...because this P-day was awesome! We (the entire Zona Lagarto) went hiking up a...well, it's not a mountain up to Utah standards, but I guess that's the word for it. Great cardiac workout, whatever the case. And amazing scenery. Next week: epic post of plants and rocks.

In other news, I have info for everyone on the transfer that's under way! I'm now in Itabaiana, which is still in Sergipe. The house is CRAZY CLEAN. The ceiling, floor, and walls are all white tile, and rather new, which I think is an interesting trade for not getting a third floor and lots of wind like in Siqueira. I'm serving with a Brazilian Elder named Elder Maze - who's my grandpa.

That's right. My grandpa is now my stepfather.

Oh. Wait. Sorry, new Translate gadget's not gonna help you with that, is it? :P In the field, we refer to our trainers as our "father", and the companion after that "stepfather". My old man Elder Biddulph was born with the aid of this curious Elder, who's very well practiced with missionary tasks and has more than a year here working in his native language. He's also very fluent in English because of his study habits, which makes him a good asset for learning how to do this whole deal. Woo! I just hope I can catch up with the increased speed of Portuguese I'm hearing...I'm still feeling retarded sometimes as I realize that the entire sentence somebody said at me didn't make sense because I got distracted by a stray thought or word I didn't recognize. 

*siiiigh* But still the work goes on! I promise I'll have lots of pictures (with interesting thoughts attached) next week. I'm hoping to learn a lot this transfer, and to add a lot of cool stuff to my journal! In the meantime...gotta run! Tchau, gente!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home