Monday, May 21, 2012

In the Field - GUITAR SPOON!



Yeessss, that's the beautiful Brazilian background I'm giving you this week. Nice bit of photography, huh? I love the nature stuff around here. Climbing that mountain was fetching awesome. :D 



Be jealous. I've got some excellent pictures. ;D





And lookie here. It's me! Sloooowly going bald...**sigh** Yeah. Things are going to be very different once all is said and done here in Brazil. I'm probably gonna have a slightly different pronounciation in my English, too. Prof. Sant'anna (somebody poke her on Facebook!), have you ever talked to a Northeasterner's accent here? I've heard just about every kind right now, and I have to say that what I learned from you is very different from here. 

Another interesting thing about this new transfer (yes, new transfer!) is that I'm working for the first time with a branch in the LDS church. It's very different - the Church has rented out a house for use by the members, and they've worked hard to make it stand out in the square it resides in. Gotta take a photo! It's very humble here. I love the people, and I'm super grateful for the supporting members that are dedicated to living the standards they believe in. Also, for those back in Siqueira: I found David's dad, Diogo (sp?) Oliveira, and his brother, who trained my old professor Irmão Vander back in the São Paulo CTM! Woo! I'm discovering the world of the Church is really quite small here. I think I like it.



Just to make a random change of subject (and to address the title of this post), two words: guitar spoon. Vested in bandanna and P-Day clothes, this is the ultimate expression of awesomeness that I feel like publishing to the world when I baptize two weeks in a ROW. Baptism's no small thing - I'm watching it change lives! It's so awesome to see the difference we're making for the people here. 

Well, gotta run, gente. But it was great to blab a little big here on the blog. Gonna run and take care of the rest of P-Day. Don't forget to write! Tchau!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home