Monday, April 15, 2013



Alright, I'm just gonna write the short skinny for now. There's no time for anything today! Man, I thought the computer in the office was a bit slow...here, this lan house makes my inner nerd ragey. Especially since it significantly limits my capacity to communicate electronically! Rawr! But it's alright. I'll survive. I'm more worried right now about getting all of the blog post banged out! Last week was quite the race. It wasn't anything like the transfers I've ever handled, because frankly I didn't handle it...I left the office with E. Mullins running the show! Unfortunately, we weren't able to get Raiane, Edvânia, and Ketle into the water. We literally did everything we could...but for now I'm counting on E. Mullins and the new financial secretary, E. Nocko, to get 'em there. For now, there's not much I can do, though I CAN call E. Mullins every day and annoy him about it...don't think I will. I'm in Verdes Campos now because God needs me here now, so the best I can do is focus on the people around me.

Ohwait. Yeah, Verdes Campos is my area, which is a division of the area in the city of Arapiraca. I know I won't have time for everything, so I'll get the new facts in:

Zone: Arapiraca

Located about 3 hours inward from Maceió, second-largest city in Alagoas. Once known as the tobacco capital of Alagoas, now the industry is growing, and there's talk of switching the capital from Maceió to Arapiraca.

I don't blame 'em! This place is great. It's colder at night, it's got less humidity, and there's a definite increase in the general education of the population here. The ward I'm in, Verdes Campos, is a freaking strong unit that's about ready to get busted in half by a division that's gonna happen soon. The Zone leaders will go to a new ward...and I get to handle remainder as the LD. Right now, I live with 3 Elders:

- E. Michaileh (Mee-shai-lee). New comp! He's from Curitiba. Like...REALLY from Curitiba, he came straight from there because he's got an interesting story. He served in Japan in 2011 for a year, but because of some illness he had to go back home. He got home, went to college for a year (because the term there is annual), and went and got engaged (?!)...then he came back to his mission! Talk about determination to serve, huh? He's really determined to do his part. He's still adjusting to the rapid change he underwent in lifestyle, but we've got a pretty strong foundation for a good companionship. Now I just gotta worry about the rest of the district...hoo boy. Life changes fast!

- E. Prado. Remember this guy, from Siqueira Campos?! I'm living with him, exactly 1 year after I first started living with him again. Things change, and this guy has really grown spiritually. He's the most serious dude I know. And he also kicks some serious missionary butt, and likewise his companion...

- E. Ginatto, with whom I've already lived, is also with us! Memories of Itabaiana are recounted as we make a few here. E. Ginatto is also super focused, and he and his comp are excellent examples of knuckling under and making things happen. 

Welp...yeah. That's all I've got time for. I might have to write a letter that my parents would transcribe to get all the cool stories out of my area, but we'll have to see about it. For now, life is great! I have no idea how getting photos uploaded on the mission is gonna work out, so don't expect any for now...but life be good!  Don't forget to write, y'all, and keep yourselves in touch!

Love,
-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home