Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blarg, Sacrifice!/Uê, Sacrifício!

Yet another post for my beloved missionary friends! You guys reall are the reason I maintain this blog - the perk of letting everybody know how I'm doing is goo, but that wouldn't be much reason by itself...mas I have you to love and support in everything you do. I just want to do my part, dear friends! To everyone else: I still love you too! Don't get me wrong, I think about things I can send you too. But I can't hide the bond of love I made with missionary work, and it's hard to erase. Why don't you get more involved with it? That way, I have that much more reason to think of you!

This last week was wonderful, though I have a hard time getting past that very last step to complete my goals, you know? I fulfilled all the important goals, with the exception of getting this update out on time. I can do more! I think about the things I can to do increase my success, and I've already decided to cut out some things that are impeding my progress.

Something that might sound strange to those that know me is that I am going to stop with video games in normal circumstances. I simply can stand any more the feeling of not having done anything after a few hours of my focused attention. It simply doesn't contribute to hardly anything that I value now. I can count on one hand the number of times I've played games since I got home from my mission, but I've played enough to know that I don't want to repeat doing so unless I have a strong reason - social situations and the like. I wouldn't ever have believed my having done this before, but it's a conclusion I came to. 1 Corinthians 13:11...but I don't even feel sad. Just...ready for something else.
With respect to college, for the first time I took a test in one of the classes the require the most detail and understanding of the material I have - computer networking - and got 91% on it! I got excited when I saw that, because I'd really busted my butt so that could happen. I'm excited to learn more...and thus be able to prove what I learned! Life's good this way.

Anyway. I changed my technique a little bit, and kept a list up of scriptures that I have wished to share this whole week. Some tears were shed as I studied, and I feel that these really are scriptures that the Lord wants me to share with you. I hope you learn a lot, and that they help your day-to-day! That said:
  • Helaman 10:3-12

    Nephi was a guy who liked doing his part...which was to preach the truth to everyone! He wanted that. He signed up for it. He didn't get anything for doing so imporant to himself. And that was why he was sad when he wasn't able to help his brothers make good decisions, and let things go that got in the way of their progress towards God. He constantly thought about what the Lord communicated to him, even rejected and left to the side. But the Lord strengthened him in a way that only He can - and Nephi went on to realize a great work amongst his people. He was the first called by Christ to come forth after having been touched by all of the Nephite people, e was blessed by his "tireless" endurance. (v. 4)

    Many times, it's easy to feel like getting discouraged. Certainly we get sad or disappointed with some of the things we have to deal with, but Nephi was an example of how getting sad and getting discouraged are actually different - just as not knowing what to do and giving up aren't the same thing either. I hope that you'll be like him! So many people need you, and you won't even know it until you've endured and looked back...and then the happiness will come.
  • 3 Nephi 5:4,13,18

    Behold, the fruits of what the Lord helped Nephi to do!
  • 3 Nephi 9:13-14, 20-22

    ...and these shall be you and those who you help too.
  • "Endure It Well", by E. Neal A. Maxwell

3 Nephi is one of the most preciously clear sources we have as to the important roles of baptism and the Holy Ghost, as well as faith, repentance, and conversion. It's the transitional phase between the Old and New Testament eras, and is invaluable in clarifying the truths in the Bible.

Well, that's what I prepared for you, people. Sorry for taking so long to finally send it! Next time it'll be better planned...
'Til next time!

-Erich
Mais uma postagem para meus amados amigos missionários! Vocês realmente são a razão que mantenho este blog - o benefício de informar mais todo mundo como tô indo é bom, mas nem seria muito motivo sozinho...mas tenho vocês a amar, e apoiar em tudo aquilo que fazem. Só quero fazer a minha parte, meus caros amigos! Para todos os outros: Ainda amo vocês! Não se enganem, eu penso em coisas que posso passar a vocês também. Mas não posso esconder a aliança de amor que fiz com a obra missionária, e é dificilmente que se apague. Por que não se envolvem mais? Aí tenho tanto mais razão a pensar em vocês!

Esta última semana foi maravilhosa, embora tivesse dificuldade de chegar até depois daquele último passinho para superar as metas, sabe? Cumpri todas a metas importantes, com exceção de mandar esta atualização para vocês na hora precisa. Poderia fazer mais! Estou pensativo por coisas que posso fazer para aumentar o meu sucesso, e já decidi a cortar algumas coisas que estão me impedindo de progredir.

Algo que talvez pareça estranho aos que me conheço é que estou deixando de jogar videogames. Eu não suporto mais o sentimento de não ter cumprido nada depois de algumas horas de atenção focalizada. Simplesmente não contribui para quase nada que valorizo agora. Eu posso contar numa mão quantas vezes que joguei videogame desde que cheguei em casa da missão, mas já joguei o suficiente para saber que não quero repetir a menos que tenha uma forte razão - situações sociais e tal. Eu nunca teria acreditado ter feito isso antes, mas é uma conclusão a que cheguei. 1 Coríntios 13:11...mas nem sinto triste. Só...pronto para algo mais.
A respeito da faculdade, pela primeira vez peguei um teste numa das aulas mais orientadas para detalhes e entendimento do material - rede de computador - e peguei 91% naquele! Eu nunca pegava tais notas antes da missão, geralmente por causa de falta de motivo! Fiquei eléctrico quando vi isso, pois me esforcei muito para isto acontecer! Estou animado para aprender muito mais...e ter condições de comprovar que aprendi assim! A vida tá muito boa assim.

Enfim. Mudei de técnica um pouquinho, e mantive uma lista de escrituras que tenho desejado compartilhar a semana inteira. Algumas lágrimas foram derramadas ao estudar, e sinto que realmente essas são escrituras que o Senhor quer que compartilhe com vocês. Espero que aprendam muito, e que ajudem em seu dia-a-dia! Dito isso:
  • Helamã 10:3-12

    Néfi foi um cara que fazia a parte dele...que era pregar verdade para todo mundo. Ele queria isso. Ele se inscreveu para isso. Recebia nada por fazer algo tão importante para ele. E era por isso que ficava triste quando não estava conseguindo ajudar seus irmãos a tomarem boas decisões, e deixarem as coisas que atrapalhava o progresso deles a Deus. Ele pensava constantemente no que o Senhor comunicava para ele, mesmo sendo rejeitado e deixado para o lado. Mas o Senhor o fortaleceu de jeito que só Ele pode - e Néfi foi realizar uma grande obra dentre o povo dele. Ele foi o primeiro chamado por Cristo para se aproximar depois de ser tocado por todo o povo nefita, e foi abençoado pela perseverança "infatigável" dele (v. 4).

    Muitas vezes, é fácil sentir a vontade de desanimar. Certamente ficamos tristes ou decepcionados com alguns pontos de com que temos que lidar, mas Néfi foi um exemplo que realmente ficar triste e ficar desanimado são diferentes - assim como não saber o que fazer e desistir não são a mesma coisa. Espero que vocês sejam como ele! Tantas pessoas precisam de vocês, e nem saberão até que tenham perseverado e olhado para trás...aí virá a felicidade.
  • 3 Néfi 5:4,13,18

    Eis os frutos do que o Senhor ajudou Néfi a fazer!
  • 3 Néfi 9:13-14, 20-22

    ...e esses serão vocês e também os que ajudarem.
  • "Endure It Well" (Suporte Isso Bem), por E. Neal A. Maxwell

    Fiz uma tradução para este discurso porque não existia antes! Pode baixar este discurso maravilhoso aqui.
3 Néfi é um dos recursos mais preciosamente claros que temos acerca do papel importante do batismo e do Espírito Santo, assim como a fé, o arrependimento, e a conversão. É a fase transicional entre a época dos Testamentos Velho e Novo, e é inestimável em clarificar as verdades da Bíblia. Bom, é isso que preparei, gente. Desculpa por ter demorado para mandar! A próxima vez a traduação será planejada...se tiverem um pedido de tradução, vou o considerar para vocês.
Até a próxima!

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home