Monday, June 4, 2012

In the Field - Rapid-fire Update!

Awww man. There's so much stuff to discuss. I guess I shouldn't complain that I get to pick and choose, huh?

Well, I know I've missed out a couple of weeks now. I don't have time to recapitulate everything, and that's why I won't! However, in this area I've had a couple of firsts I thought were worth mentioning:
  • First failed baptism! The mom didn't give permission right at the end, despite repeated affirmations that she was okay with the missionaries, the church, and baptism. :/ Keep moving forward! Raaawr! 
  • First failed confirmation! Somewhere between the baptism and the church the next day she lost all desire to return. SAY WHAT. D:
  • Confirmation of firmness of first man baptized on my mission! Woo! Stay firm, Luis Carlos!
  • First Brazilian companion! He speaks English fluently, but hey. Now people are starting to think I'm from Brazil, because he's really helping with my accent and vocabulary. The only problem is I'm starting to think in Portuguese. 
  • Made fetching TRUFFLES. Check this out: http://imgur.com/a/ul9N7
    • First: Aw yeah. The fruits of our labors. I love it. :D 
    • Second: This is me and one of the sisters in the branch I'm working with. She's teaching me the secret technique. :D
    • Third: Bought an umbrella, coincidentally from another member of the branch. The fairs here can get pretty crazy - I really need to check out the other cities, get more of a feel for what it's like in Brazil as a whole! 
    • Fourth: Fetching good. Not sure what to call them in English, though.
    • Fifth: Beans, rice, pasta, and some manioc flour here (commonly called "farinha"). Eat it every day here!
    • Sixth: MEEEAT. It's not beefcake, but it helps with keeping you preach the gospel!
  • Got up the other day at 4 in the morning to help a less-active member shell coconuts, if you can believe it. Here's his expression when we arrived: http://imgur.com/LVF7g
As always, challenges are being faced, and triumphs and defeats are just part of the day-to-day routine now. The only thing that's important is to never, ever give up! Keep on going, until the very end - that is, always the next step. I'm loving my mission! I'm trying my best to make everybody at home proud! I would like to take my leave for this week with two quotes for everyone:
  • "Thou that fillest my mailbox, expect nothing but recompense." Hint hint!
  • Matthew 5:46-48"...Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home