Monday, September 10, 2012

**sigh** I got transferred. For some reason, the Lord has seen fit to break the normal pattern of training for 2 transfers and has decided to leave E. Acevedo with 1-1/2. Now I'll be leaving the Colina Ward, and I'll be heading off to a great unknown. Tune in next time to see the next companion and area! Perhaps I'll actually have found batteries for my camera by that time. :P In the meantime...think I'm gonna fast. Heh, I'm not really feeling like eating right now. Already packed up everything - just gotta wait and give all the farewells to the new lifelong (hopefully!) friends I've made here.

Leaving areas and companions is hard. Especially this one. And I know exactly why - it's because here is the place I've suffered and sweat the most. I put the most blood and tears I think I ever have in my life into this area, the Colina Ward in Maceió. And you know...my joy is full. I'm so very happy for the privilege to serve here, and while I know when I arrive in my next area I'll feel like it'll never measure up I'm still gonna feel the same way about each of the other areas I come into contact with. I've learned a lot here about being sincere, and sacrifice. I've had to teach other people to make sacrifices to God, so they can become closer to him - and thus I didn't have much choice but to internalize my own teachings, huh? It's been really good. I'm really looking forward to all the new stuff I'll be learning from my next companion - I just hope he's patient enough to tolerate me for six weeks!

Speaking of which, I'd like to thank my old companion. E. Acevedo, I don't know if you'll ever see this post; nevertheless, I'd like to thank you for your patience. Come what may, you always stayed cool and just tried to support me and never complained. You always sought to learn according to the needs of the people we taught, and already have a significant mastery of the Portuguese language. You already came prepared, man! I love you, and I hope that your next companion learns at least as much as I learned from you this last transfer.

Also, all the teachings of sacrifice led me to something I'd never thought of before: that sacrifice my own Mom made to get me here. Both my parents worked hard to make sure I was doing the right stuff, but until recently I hadn't considered the true scope of the sacrifice they both made - especially my Mom's. My mom has put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into keeping Erich Gubler a happy (but well-prepared!) son.

I have to go. I've got many farewells to give to people that have become dear friends in a short time - and time's a-tickin'! Don't forget to write, my lovelies. I preserve everything I get - so make my bags heavy!

With much love,

Gubler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home