Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm loving and hating training here in Colina. I love the youth here - they're so active in the Gospel! The youth actually knocked on our door and wanted to get to know us the same night we got here. We've been doing lots of stuff with them here, including teaching ENGLISH and then SPANISH afterwards - since my companion's a Texican, he can do both in case I fall asleep or something weird like that.


 I love my companion, because he's very obedient, and very willing to take the challenges I leave with him. We've been working really hard over here -  I have to lead, guide, and direct everything here in Colina for now - wish me luck!


As I'm technically in a leadership position, I also went to a leadership conference with President and the stronger missionaries on the mission. It was a super spiritual meeting, and among other things I'd really like to share some quotes. Only one I remember, though, is when President G. talked about marriage, and related it to companionship:


"I don't leave this marriage for anything."


I'd like to make an edit:


"I don't leave this [companionship] for anything."


...and here's another quote:


"Lack of patience is a lack of creativity."


He associated these two quotes with companionship, and of thinking of solutions to companionship problems OTHER than a transfer. I really liked it.


There's always a ton to write, but I think this time ! Don't ever forget I love you, and that everything you sent to me's being recorded in heaven, if not in my journal! Don't forget to tell everyone at home I love them too!




-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home