Monday, May 13, 2013

The New Ward


The ward split was really neat. The meeting that announced the division was unforgettable - more than 20 people got up to bear their testimony and express their sentiments about the friendship and the determination to keep the split wards thriving. Within 5 minutes, the bishop announced that there was only time for the people on the stand! The new leadership (everybody but the bishop) is composed of very strong and enthusiastic members. The first split meeting went really smoothly, we had only a few people who had forgotten/didn't understand the ward split, and everybody seems happy with the new organization and the callings. The bishopric's a bit stressed out, but that's understandable - the only guy currently used to his role is the bishop himself! He's doing a lot of running around...but everybody looks pretty happy. I'm a pretty blessed missionary, I think.

 

Unfortunately, Matheus didn't get baptized...yet. His mom suddenly decided that instead of just choosing the date for his sister, who lives in Maceió, to attend, she wanted the WHOLE FAMILY to attend. She's something of a socialite, so I can understand why she'd want it...but that was kind of a bummer for her to bounce the date that she herself had marked. The husband and Matheus himself both wanted it to be a quiet event, with just the closest members in the family...but she was rather implacable. So for now, we just coast it out until he's in the water...and running around like headless chickens looking for new people!

 

...Alright, well, it's not exactly like a headless chicken. We've actually got a pretty good ball rolling with the references, we get a steady stream every week and we get good ones too...but right now I'm just thinkthinkthinking how we could involve more working with lessons than with searching for new people. It could be laziness, but I prefer to think that more time sitting is better as a missionary - generally you sit because you're teaching a lesson! I don't particularly like thinking with my legs, though I'm glad my body's up to it. Wish us luck for the next week!

 

I'm a happy dude 'cuz I talked to my mommy. But don't y'all forget that I love y'all too! I hope that I'm able to help those that read this blog in some small way. Just remember: he who sends letters gets replies! For those whom I owe responses: I'm on it today! I'll be sure to get them pushed in the mail today/tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, heh...

 

Until next week!

 

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home