Sunday, March 2, 2014

You Aren't Stuck Yet/Você Não Está Preso Ainda

Well, people, I tried hard to keep up with the midterm exams here, and I'm tired of working so much...but I'm feeling real good! It's as if I were real ripped mentally, heheheh. I've been making a lot more effort to follow my plans and goals, and it's going well. It's a good thing I have, too...because the work just increased a lot! I see that the Lord is really helping me to get done what I need to. I'm trying to do everything I know I need to do, and ditch the lower-priority stuff!
It's a lot of weight to pull, especially with the decisions being presented that will form my future, but I feel capable. Sometimes, just barely...but you know, I believe that it's just part of the process. I think that sometimes, we feel that we're stuck or incapable of changing our position, be it physically, spiritually, or some other aspect of our life. We hit limits that we can't overcome without some help. I've felt the dependence I have on the Lord to do everything I need...just like the eunuch that Philip taught.

But God can help us: Acts 8:22

It might seem a little harsh, but many times I find that the solution is captured in the thought of the above passage. The help that Heavenly Father gives us is edification, or building up. He builds upon us, sometimes having to get rid of a few things to be able to build us in such a way that we can overcome the difficulty. A change from what is is necessary for this. When I returned from my mission, I had to reprogram some mission habits because of my circumstances. Not because I would easily reliquish the lifestyle that I had developed...but I had to changed some things I was used to so I could be adequate to the task. I think that's the hard part - to be willing to let go of something good for something we don't know, though it's promised to be better. I believe that the majority of the changes from the end of my mission until now were good changes. There's always something to improve...but I feel much gratitude for what has happened since then.

The end, here's my part for my missionary friends:

  • D&C 6:29 - If you're doing your parte and they still don't like it, don't stop! They don't have to understand what you know you must do.
  • To follow up on the first: 2 Timothy 2:11,23
  • 3 Nephi 13:25-34 - Jesus said these words to His apostles here. You have this special privilege for only a limited time. I hope you are as interested as I was as I studied, and understood at least some of the differences between a disciple and a apostle of Christ.

I love you guys! Don't forget to write back, okay? -Erich
Bom, pessoal, corri atrás para encerrar com os exames do meio do semestre aqui, e tô cansado de fazer tanto trabalho...mas tô sentindo muito bem! Como se eu estivesse bem sarado mentalmente, kkk! Tenho me esforçado muito mais para seguir aos planejamentos e metas, e têm saído bem. Ainda bem que fiz...porque o trabalho acabou de aumentar bastante. Vejo que o Senhor está me ajudando realmente a conseguir fazer o que preciso. Estou tentando fazer tudo que sei que preciso fazer, e deixar as coisas de menor prioridade!
É muito peso para lidar, especialmente com as decisões que estão sendo apresentadas que irão formar meu futuro, mas me sinto capaz. Às vezes, quase não...mas sabe, acredito que isto faça parte do processo. Acho que às vezes, nos sentimos que estejamos presos ou incapazes de mudar de posição, seja fisicamente, espiritualmente, ou algum outro aspecto em nossa vida. Encontramos limites que não poderíamos vencer sem uma ajuda. Eu sentia a dependência que tenho do Senhor para fazer tudo que preciso...que nem o eunuco que Felipe ensinou.

Mas Deus pode nos ajudar: Atos 8:22

Talvez pareça duro, mas muitas vezes acho que a solução é capturada no pensamento da passagem acima. A ajuda que Pai Celestial nos dá é a edificação. Ele nos constrói, talvez tendo que desfazer umas outras coisas para poder edificar-nos ao ponto que possamos vencer a dificuldade. Uma mudança do que há é necessário para isto. Quando voltei da missão, eu tive que me reprogramar de alguns hábitos da missão por virtude das circunstâncias. Não foi porque eu largaria facilmente o estilo de vida que desenvolvi...mas tive que mudar algumas coisas com que estava acostumado para me adequar à tarefa. Acho que este é o difícil - ter a disposição de largar algo bom para ter algo que desconhecemos, embora nos seja prometido melhor. Eu acredito que a maioria das mudanças do fim da missão para cá foram mudanças boas. Sempre tem algo para melhorar...mas sinto muita gratidão pelo que aconteceu desde lá.

Para terminar, a minha parte aos amigos missionários:

  • D&C 6:29 - Se tá fazendo sua parte e ainda não gostam, não párem! Não tem que se entender o que você sabe que deve fazer.
  • Para acompanhar esta primeira: 2 Timóteo 2:11,23
  • 3 Néfi 13:25-34 - Jesus disse estas palavras para os apóstolos Dele aqui. Vocês têm este privilégio especial por um tempo limitado só. Espero que se interessem como eu me interessei ao estudar, e entender as diferenças nos privilégios de ser discípulos e apóstolo de Cristo.

Amo vocês! Não se esqueçam de responder, tá? -Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home