Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pajucara Zone and D.L.

This is gonna sound weird...but my life is slowly being consumed by the mission. Heeelp! I'm thinking about the members, and the investigators, and sh-piritual stuff, and...not really much else. Occasionally I'm reminded of people from home when I see certain things, but it's like...a different life now. Perhaps that's why Prez. Gonzaga made the decision to make me DL.

That's right. I'm a fetching District Leader. WHAT DO I DOOOO. I'm rather nervous to have my first ever District Meeting led, conducted, and effected completely by me. Elder Gubler. That one nutsy American missionary. It happens tomorrow! Wish me luck, y'all! But I think I'll be alright - generally studying's got a habit of quickly lending confidence to the doubts that inevitably assail every day.

In other news, that also means a new area. I'm part of the Pajuçara Zone - I actually live with the Zone Leaders! I'll put up pictures once I find a lan house with the machine physically accessible - I finally sucked it up and just bought batteries for my camera. My wallet's fetchin' WHISTLING. :(

However, I have had an increase in missionary technology. I'm considering writing missionary technique articles during and after my mission - I've got some ideas *I* think are pretty handy for being a missionary. I'll have to take some pictures of the neat stuff I've developed/collected in my almost-9-months here on the mission.

Whoa. Wait. 9 months already? Awfetch. My mission's more than a third of the way over. D: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not cool! I'm already stressed enough without realizing thaaat. :x

I won't pretend that I'm not stressed. The area has its fair share of challenges (though they're very different from the last area). I gave the Tie of Heroes (remember the tie I received from MY missionary father? See previous posts) to my little Mexican, E. Acevedo (I love you dude!). And now...I can see the fetching sea from our house. Life'll settle down after this week, I'm pretty sure. So...just gotta perseverar até o fim!

Just a final thought I'd like to leave from the book of Alma, in the great ol' Book of Mormon! Alma 29 13:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home