Monday, May 20, 2013

Well folks, first week of the new transfer is over! And...I'm still here in Verdes Campos! Wooot! Same comp, same house, same lineup of investigators. Aaand...all of our investigators are getting swapped out rapidly. We've gotten to know a lot of members in the short time of these last two weeks.

One of the funniest experiences I had was this last week was with a whose name wasn't quite coherent when he told it to us...though he was quite drunk when we spoke with him. He's a less-active from a family of...well, more less-actives. He's one of the funniest people I've seen drunk, he started to make Buddha-level philosophical extrapolations using the gospel and a stray cat that randomly came into his house. The visit was a pretty ridiculous affair, unfortunately it's something you had to be there to see. But from the conversation we had with him he showed a profound desire to go back to church. A few of the possible things that could be holding him back are obvious, but I think there's something else too. Whatever the case, there's plenty of family around him that IS active...more distant relatives, but relatives nonetheless. Plenty of missionary work for everyone!

The weird thing about our area is that we're having our success way out in the sticks. Everybody that's receiving us best is waaay out there, where water is relatively scarce, even by Arapiraca's standards. I'm pretty sure my physical condition is the best it's been since I've left on the mission (perhaps in my life?), because we're walking at least a good ~3.4km a day and E. Langlois, who DID INDEED GET TRANSFERRED HERE, is a great personal trainer for me and E. Ginatto. The best part is that instead of feeling more tired, I feel better. Who'da thought, huh? Guess I'm gonna have to remember this when I get off the mission. Perhaps I'll just have to walk to UVU from home just to keep my health up...or perhaps I'll just have to remember to use the equipment we've got at home.

But yeah. Beyond that, not much has changed here on the mish. I've discovered some interesting passages that I would have liked to dip into, but unfortunately the time does not permit! Check these out:


Alma 14 - Humility.

Luke 16:19-31 - Compare with Mosiah 4.


II Timothy - Hey Dad, Paul's sending his son a letter! It's actually not that far off from the letters that many missionaries get, huh? II Tim. 1:7 was the jewel of discovery there - I've taken this long on my mission to find a good scripture to help people with last-minute doubts due to gossip or somebody badmouthing the church. Can you believe it?

Hmm. Alright, welp, that's the update for now. I love you guys! I hope everything's going great on your end, and that you don't forget to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home