Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Inline image 1




Alright, gang, this last week was awesome. We finally got Matheus in the water! His family came up and told us that they'd booked everything for last Saturday...much to our surprise! And even better, there was family from EVERY corner. Aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents from BOTH sides of the family - a lot of members to reactivate and non-members to contact. Even though in this photo I've got the baptism pants on, it was his father that stepped up and baptized him - it as a little unplanned, but there you have it. And we're gonna be baptizing somebody else in the family too. Or, rather, we're gonna be baptizing a FUTURE member of the family - Emanuel, whose photo I'm currently missing. But worry not! We'll have a shot of him in the baptismal jumpsuit in a jiffy here. Just pray that it all works out, and we'll do our part here. He's the boyfriend of a member of the ward here, and he's been going to church for a few months - and we've been aware and trying to fix that since we've gotten here. He's been a tough cookie, but he told us this last week that he's been talking to God and that God's telling him to get going with following His gospel. I've learned a bit this last week about being more discerning, and being more submissive to God's will. It's been an interesting lesson in fighting the natural man. And I'm glad to have been learning it. I've got a feeling I'll be using it a lot more on my mission...and beyond. Anyway. Time's up! I love y'all, and DON'T FORGET TO WRITE! I hope everybody's well! -Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home