Monday, August 26, 2013

t shirt




Hey, this last week...I realized I've developed a bit of a prideful trait.
:(

I'm quite blessed to have a very humble companion. He helped me to see that this was true, as did the Lord as I studied to discover the problem. It's not exactly in the sense that the passage implies, but it helped me to draw the conclusion I needed.
Right now I'm working to make it better. 
I've learned this last week also to be grateful for the existence of spiritual resistance to the Church, speaking of which. I've gotten ahold of a copy of The Great Apostasy, by James Talmage, and it's proving to be a very insightful read. It's incredible how the Church devolved from its pure state when Christ left to teach the Nephites, and especially how evil doctrinal mutation became after Constantine picked up the fractured structure that was left of the Church of Christ. Apostasy had been on a slow boil with the heavy persecution, especially on the heads of the Church's leaders...but things degraded very rapidly after Christianity became something even socially and politically beneficial. I'm gonna finish it today if I can...right after I get some doodling done!

Thaaaat's right, I did a doodle. I already put a good half of P-Day into this, and once I finish it up we're gonna make it into a shirt. Zone shirt FOR THE WIN! We're gonna be the "Lagarto Artilheiros". "Artilheiro" in Portuguese means "artilleryman". In modern Portuguese, it's used for soldiers manning artillery support, but it's also a word used for the attackers that make a lot of goals in soccer. Our zone meeting was based on this word, and now we're trying to make ourselves baptismal artilheiros. We're doing our best to get more people into the waters of baptism and converted to the true Church of Christ!
Hmmm....besides that which I've already said here, the week was really good. Lots of learning, lots of teaching, and lots of juggling responsibility. It's a good life. And I hope that I'll be able to apply all these skills I'm using for the real test later. I hope y'all are doing well! I love y'all, and hope that you don't forget to write (as many of you have loyally done!)

Tchau for now!
Love,

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home