Monday, August 5, 2013

Another Transfer

I love the mission. The mission has helped me to understand much more about myself, the way that I am. I understand better my strengths and my weaknesses. I know much better what's within my capacity for now, and how to handle some of the lacks I have. My current comp is a guy from the Brazilian army, so he's used to just cutting loose when he sees something he doesn't like. It was a great learning experience to be with him, because when I realized he wasn't actually attacking me, and that was just the way he was, we started to communicate way better, and he's a really great person - I just had to adjust myself. Gotten to know anybody like that? :P He has a similar belief to Dad's about the purpose of the mission, though I don't believe it to be wrong. 
Anyway. The only thing I said to (brother) Shawn about his Eagle is that I want him to drive me home from the airport (after he got his license...which was supposed to be after he got his Eagle) but I dunno. I don't recall putting forth much effort to get him motivated like he seems he is. Perhaps that blessing that talks about determination is finally kicking in? I'll do my (motivating) bit about the mission when I get home - I don't know that I have time to write the essays I'd write if I were determined to do so.
Dad should never have any doubt about the good he has done. I see that sometimes he forgets that - but Shawn takes after him with respect to his determination to do stuff once he's put his mind to it. I remember at least that much - I think my perception of my family will have changed very much as I get adjusted to normal life again. But we'll see.
Anyway. That's my response for now. I love you! I'm getting transferred here - I think I might be (given a bit more leadership responsibility) here in a little bit. But that's just a sneaking suspicion. Hey - if I go to Sergipe again, (Mom and I will) have to make sure to book something for Aracaju, alright?
Love,

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home