Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Blind Palomino/O Palomino Cego

Hello friends! This week has been quite busy, but good. I've figured out that I need some changes in my routine, and starting tomorrow I'll be implementing those changes. I've been learning a lot in school about computers, though the more I learn the more I realize I don't know. There's so much stuff involved in...well, any field of study! But I kind of understand some of the messes in my major, so I always think about those. XD There's a quick story I'd like to share from when I was at the temple on Friday, which I'll excerpt from my journal:
On 11/7/2014, President Stone of the Provo Temple presidency recounted this story from his family:

As a young father, my youngest daughter had a routine she would follow every day immediately following school. She would get off the bus, run through the house, out to the stable, mount the same palomino horse, and ride into the mountains. She would come back after dark. One day when the horse was older, as I was feeding the horses early in the morning, the palomino mare stayed in her pen...shaking a little bit, which was unusual. So, I rapped on the gate a little bit. She came, and as she passed I noticed that she was completely blind.

I asked myself, "How long has my daughter been riding a blind horse?" It was concerning, but I realized that this horse trusted the reigns more than she trusted her own sight. I realized that that is the way faith is. Faith is learning to trust our reigns more than what we can see.
This kind of hearkens back to the Mormon Message that I shared some time ago that talked about the static that Satan wants to inject into our spiritual lives, so that we cannot tune in. In order to trust the Lord, we have to hear Him...and when we do, we need to trust in what He whispers to us. Otherwise, we choose to trust in our sight, which is the habit of the natural man. Don't get me wrong: when faith and knowledge seem to conflict, that doesn't mean you abandon ship with all reason. It only means you have to go to that much more effort to discover what IS truly right. I know I've had to do that as a return missionary - it's the only way I've been able to discern some things that are relevant to me right now and in the future. I think of the many nautically-themed hymns of the Church, which plead for the Savior to guide us and help us weather storms. I've realized this week that we truly are sailing on waters that we don't control - many times, we pray that we'll make it because that's all we can do. And I hope that you're in the habit of doing so right now. If not, what could you be doing better now to filter out the storm's noise, and to focus on the guides that the Lord has given you? There's probably something you could do. And I want to promise you that the Lord will help you to figure it out - He loves to talk to you, and wants to help you listen.

As always, my friends, I love you - I am anxious to see your correspondence. Until next week!

-Erich
Fig. 1

Fig. 2

Olá amigos! A semana passada foi muito corrida, mas foi boa. Descobri que há umas mudanças que precisam acontecer na rotina, e a partir de amanhã estarei fazendo aquelas mudanças. Tenho aprendido bastante sobre o computador. Por mais que eu aprenda, eu só percebo que ainda tem ainda mais que não sei. Tem tanta coisa em...bom, qualquer campo de estudo! Mas entendo melhor as bagunças do meu campo de estudom então sempre penso nelas. XD Tem uma história rápida que gostaria de compartilhar de quando estava no templo na sexta-feira, que vou recortar do meu diário:
No dia 7/11/2014, o President Stone da Presidência do Templo de Provo contou esta história de sua família:

Como um pai jovem, a minha filha mais nova tinha uma rotina que seguiria a cada dia após a escola. Ela saía do ônibus da escola, correr através da casa, para fora e até o estábulo, montar o mesmo cavalo palamino, e andar dele nas montanhas. Ela sempre voltava após o dia escurecer. Um dia [quando o cavalo era mais velho], eu estava alimentando os cavalos de manhã, e aquele palomino ficou em seu curral...tremendo um pouco, que foi estranho. Então, bati no portão um pouco. Ela veio, e ao ele passar eu percebi que estava completamente cego.

Eu me perguntei "Faz quanto tempo que a minha filha está andando de um cavalo cego?" Isso me preocupou, mas percebi que que este cavalo confiou mais nas rédeas do que em sua própria visão. Eu me dei conta de que a fé é assim. A fé é aprender a confiar mais nas rédeas que nós temos do que vemos.
Isso tem a ver com a Mensagem Mórmon que compartilhei há algum tempo sobre a estática que Satanás quer pôr em nossas vidas espirituais, para que não possamos nos sintonizar. Para confiar no Senhor, temos que ouvi-Lo...e quando O ouvirmos, precisamos confiar no que Ele nos sussurra. De qualquer outra maneira, escolhemos a confiar em nossa própria capacidade de ver, que é o hábito do homem natural. Não me entendam mal - quando a fé e o conhecimento entrarem em conflito consigo, isso não quer dizer que você abandone toda a razão. Isso só quer dizer que você tenha que trabalhar mais ainda para descobrir o que realmente É certo. Eu sei que tenho tido que discernir algumas coisas que são relevantes a mim agora e no futuro. Penso nos muitos hinos da Igreja com tema de náutica, que rogam pelo Salvador nos guiar e nos ajudar a sobreviver as tempestades. Eu percebi na semana passada que realmente nós estamos passando em águas de que não temos controle - muitas vezes, nós oramos para conseguir aguentar porque é tudo que podemos fazer. E espero que estejam no hábito de fazer isso agora. Se não, o que poderia fazer agora para melhor filtrar o barulho da tempestade, e focalizar nos guias que o Senhor lhes deu? Provavelmente tem alguma coisa que pode fazer. E quero lhes prometer que o Senhor os ajudará a entender aquilo - Ele ama vocês, e quer ajudá-los a escutarem.

Como sempre, meus amigos, amo vocês - estou ansioso ver as suas correspondências! Até a próxima semana!

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home