Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ups and Downs and Ups


District meeting this last week was a LOT better. As luck would have it, the APs decided to drop in at the last minute and really gave the district the much-needed boost of excitement. All in all, I really enjoyed basing my training around the figurative part of 1 Corinthians 12 - anybody who wants proof that Christ organized a church oughta check it out!

 

Another novidade (Portuguese word for "new thing") is that I've discovered I have some weird quirks in the way I work that I'm barely noticing. First is that I hate actually writing in my planner that I'm going to apologize to somebody. I mean, yeah, it's necessary, but I dunno...doesn't that seem a wee bit ridiculous? Setting a time and date for apologizing? I've also discovered that in my time here on the mission basically every scrap of paper I decided was worth keeping I went ahead and laminated.

 

Blaaargh. I'm streeeeessed. But...the gem can't be polished without friction, right? Thankfully my companion just tries to support me with the weird stuff I do when I get stressed.

 

New first of my life: giving a 20-minute talk. Add-on details: it's in my second language, and I was designated to give said discourse with less than 48 hours to go. When I finished with my talk about family, I looked up and realized I'd actually hit just about perfect with my timing. I must be getting better at this whole talking in public thing. Or perhaps my inhibitions of speaking whatever comes to mind have just diminished? I'm not sure there's much of a difference. :P

 

Please don’t forget to write me.

Love,

 

Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home