Monday, September 16, 2013

Only 3 more possible transfers



Whoooooooooooooooo! Transfer's coming up!
And...there's only 2 more. O_O
Whoa.
Anyway. This last transfer...really taught me a lot. I've learned a lot about how to love those I lead and those who need help. I learned a lot better how to depend upon God, and the things He expects me to do so that He can do His work through me. It's interesting how long it's taken to finally realize something...This attitude has done as I once described to investigators in my second area:
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is aeasy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:29-30 
As E. Henrique and I have fasted, prayed, and really just knuckled under and forgotten ourselves, everything's getting done and we're barely realizing it - our efforts are no longer grueling, though still challenging because we must be in tune to His will. We are learning to depend more on God to do His work, and thus we were able to produce some of the best results I've seen on my entire mission this last week. The zone has gotten better too, and we're happy for their success. The feeling I've had this last week has been wonderful, and we saw several miracles happen. I cannot recount everything...but know that I'm doing my part on the best part of the ride.
Gratitude is a key part. Gratitude is when we remember what God has given us, and our reasons for having arrived until where we are. Gratitude has helped immensely with making the yoke easy. The burden becomes light as we think about how God shall not let His work fail, and how if we're doing our best we shan't fail in His eyes - even when things don't work out as we might not have envisioned them. I love having worked in the area I have with my companion...and I'm excited for the next guy coming up! It's likely he'll be my last. How strange to think! I'll find out who it is tomorrow...the only question: will he be Brazilian, or American?
Anyway. I love y'all. I've not much time to write the other things I wished to send, but I'm happy and healthy..
Tchau for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home