Sunday, July 27, 2014

More Stuff from a Tired Mind/Mais Coisa de Uma Mente Cansada

Folks, this week was wonderful. I'm learning more about how I can progress in my habits and way of thinking. I've learned a lot about the emphasis that we need to have the important things. We only know the important things by stopping, thinking, and defining them. As Stephen Covey says in the book which I spoke of earlier ("First Things First"), often people confuse the urgent with the important...and I've been learning about this lately. :)

Here's something that I feel should share with you. It's another video of the Mormon Channel ... is based on the talk by Elder Holland, which is called "None Were With Him".

I am grateful for what the Lord gave me, which is a life that began with the restored gospel of Christ. The best way to understand that which is most important is to study the gospel, and making goals with Him as the center of everything. My post here is shorter, but a lot of time went into translating the next part of what I wanted to refer you to. One of my favorite hymns, which doesn't currently exist in the Portuguese hymnbook, is #104: "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me". I hope the lyrics and melody to help you internalize an excellent sermon that has given me much comfort recently.

Don't forget to write! I love you, and hope you are well.

-Erich
Gente, este semana foi maravilhosa. Estou aprendendo mais sobre como posso progredir nos meus hábitos e maneira de pensar. Tenho aprendido muito sobre o ênfase que precisamos ter nas coisas importantes. Somente sabemos das coisas importantes por parar, pensar, e definir. Como o Stephen Covey disse no livro do qual falei anteriormente("First Things First"), muitas vezes a gente confunde o urgente com o importante...e tenho aprendido disso recentemente. :)

Aqui, tem algo que sinto dever compartilhar com vocês. É outro vídeo do Canal Mórmon...é baseado no discurso do Élder Holland, que se chama de "Não Havia Ninguém com Ele".

Sou grato pelo que o Senhor me deu, que é uma vida que começou com o evangelho restaurado de Cristo. A maneira melhor de entender o mais importante é estudar o evangelho, e fazer metas com ele como o centro de tudo. A postagem aqui é mais curta, mas muito tempo foi pra uma coisa que agora incluo. Adoro quando incluir conteúdo exclusivo para o português! É a tradução de um hino, pois não existe ainda para este hino! Ainda está incompleto, mas sinto orgulho pelo que já tem. Espero que a letra e a melodia te ajudem a internalizar um sermão excelente, que é um dos meus preferidos. Agora para quebrar a cabeça com o último versículo...

Não se esqueçam de escrever! Amo vocês, e espero que vocês estejam bem.

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home