Monday, April 28, 2014

Courage and Respect/Coragem e Respeito

My dear friends, for the first time I will write this post via audio (originally in Portuguese, heh). If there's any errors, that will be why! I do this because I don't want to sleep yet! But I will not use my laptop bedtime is close. Interesting huh ? I have a goal to beat. The last week is full of details that don't matter much, but I've got some news. Final exams are coming up soon in the next weeks, and I'll finish my first semester after returning from my mission. It's strange to realize how time passed. I feel like I'm coming to the end of a missionary transfer, where I know that everything will change but it will also have something in common with what we have now.

I'm excited to start a new job soon, the next part of the rest of my life. I thought a lot on the goals, and other plans for the rest of my life this past week. It's interesting to do this because the mission you never know where you're going; will you stay in the same area after a few weeks ? But this kind of thing is exactly what I plan while I am at this stage. Of course I can't magically know everything, but I feel great confidence that God goes before my steps. This Easter Day is a good example of the comfort I get when I'm in doubt.

I was stressing out a lot about the sheer number of details that I have to deal with before closing this semester. There are many activities to do still, and some tests to pass before I feel comfortable. But when Sunday came, I felt that although there are many flaws in what I have done, I was doing my part. It's good to know that the Savior maintains confidence in me. This week I was able to learn a lot more about love. One of the main things was to review General Conference. Reviewing E. Scott's talk was especially delightful. I learned more about the balance of love that we have to have, where we use courage but also respect. I really liked the story he told about himself when he described how he got the motivation to serve mission from his girlfriend (and now wife, LOL). Before, he had a very strong foundation of love for the gospel. He described the story of his grandmother, and how she tirelessly guided him to the right things and motivated to go to church and attend there. She applied respect but also courage to show the importance of the Gospel to her.

Hearing an apostle tell this story, I realized that I also need to keep this kind of people in my life, so I can make things right in the church too. It all started with a man just like that. Now it's the Easter season, and today I was able to taste many good things, both for body and for the spirit. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to contribute my testimony in Church and in service, and also with the musical calling that I have. I am very grateful that I can participate in Primary and observe the children. They teach me much more than imagined. I learn a lot about gospel principles in a very simple and humble way as I listen to the songs they learn. One of my favorites is in the form of a question:
Did Jesus really live again?
Yes, when the third day came,
He wakened and he left the tomb;
He called Mary's name. 
Did Jesus come to those he loved?
Yes, people touched his feet,
And of the fish and honeycomb
He did truly eat. 
And there were nail-prints in his hands
And a spear wound in his side.
Did Jesus really live again
After he had died? Oh yes! And so shall I!

I have also discovered the autobiography of an ancestor of mine called Wandle Mace. He converted to the Church soon after it was organized. In this case, there was nobody but the Spirit to support him, which guided him through many challenges. He had to discover the truth for himself, and in the beginning he was quite lost. The legacy he left makes me cry...to think of how God took care of this man. I think of the history of many faithful members who met in Brazil who are developing a similar story. I notice that even when the love of one person on Earth is not present, his love always sufficient for the next step. A higher power puts his plan into reality and generates the force necessary for us always push forward. It is often in the form of a powerful scripture that enlightens the mind, or a feeling that helps us take an important decision. But the most powerful thing that God can send His children to respond is a person who teaches us. And I'm especially grateful for a moment... my Savior, who allowed the true peace and joy through the true Church.

This week, I issue an Easter challenge to all. I challenge all of you to think of the people who have supported you in doing what is right until now, including, but not limited to, Christ and Heavenly Father. Think about how that empowered you. Write that down. Think of how you can better reflect this gratitude in your life now. Consider telling them. And get out, and do something about it!

I love you all, and I hope you write me back! Hope to hear from you, especially from those who accept and fulfill my challenge.

- Erich
Meus caros amigos, pela primeira vez eu vou gravar esta postagem por meio de áudio. Eu faço isso porque eu não quero dormir ainda! Mas não vou usar o notebook enquanto estiver perto de dormir. Interessante né? Tenho uma meta a cumprir, um jeitão a dar aí. A última semana é cheia de detalhes que não importam tanto, porém tem umas notícias. Os exames finais estão chegando logo nas próximas semanas, e eu terminarei meu primeiro semestre depois de voltar da missão. É estranho perceber como o tempo passou. Eu me sinto estar chegando no final de uma transferência missionária, aonde eu sei que tudo vai mudar mas também vai ter coisa em comum com o que tem agora.

Estou animado começar um novo emprego logo, o próximo período do resto da minha vida. Eu pensei muito nas metas, e nos outros planos que eu vou fazer pro resto da minha vida nesta última semana. É interessante fazer isto, porque na missão a gente nunca sabe aonde vai; vai ficar na mesma área depois de algumas semanas? Mas esse tipo de coisa é exatamente o que eu posso planejar enquanto estou nesta fase. É claro que eu não vou adivinhar tudo, mas eu sinto uma confiança muito grande que Deus esteja diante dos meus passos. Este dia de Páscoa é um bom exemplo do conforto que eu recebo quando estiver com dúvida.

Estava me estressando muito sobre os detalhes das coisas com que eu tenho que lidar antes de encerrar este semestre. Tem muitas atividades para fazer ainda, e alguns testes para passar antes de me sentir confortável. Mas quando chegou o domingo, eu sentia que embora tivesse muitas falhas naquilo que eu tenho feito, eu estava fazendo a minha parte. É bom saber que o Salvador mantém a confiança em mim. Esta semana eu pude aprender muito mais sobre amor. Uma das coisas principais foi rever a Conferência Geral.

Revisar o discurso do E. Scott foi especialmente gostoso. Eu aprendi mais sobre o equilíbrio do amor que nós temos que ter, onde a gente utiliza a ousadia mas também respeito. Eu gostei muito da história que ele contou sobre si mesmo quando ele descreveu como que ele recebeu a motivação de servir missão da namorada (e agora esposa, kkk) dele. Tinha antes nela um fundamento muito forte do amor para o evangelho. Ele descreveu a história da avó dele, e como ela incansavelmente guiou ele até as coisas certas e o motivou para ir para igreja e participar lá. Ela aplicou respeito mas também a coragem para mostrar a importância do evangelho pra ela.

Ouvir de um apóstolo contar esta história me fez me dar conta de que eu também preciso manter deste tipo de pessoas na minha vida, para que eu possa fazer as coisas certas na igreja também. Tudo começou com um homem exatamente assim. Agora é a época da Páscoa, e hoje eu pude experimentar muitas coisas gostosas, ambos para o paladar e também para o espírito. Eu me sinto muito abençoado por ter a oportunidade de contribuir na igreja meu testemunho e serviço, mas também de modo musical com os chamados de piano que tenho. Eu sou muito grato que eu posso participar na primária e observar as crianças, quem me ensinam muito mais que imaginava. Eu aprendo muitos princípios do evangelho de muito bem simplesinho e humilde ao escutar as músicas que elas aprendem. Uma das minhas preferidas e na forma de uma pergunta:
Jesus da morte ressurgiu?
Sim, ao terceiro dia
Da tumba vivo então saiu
E encontrou Maria

A seus discípulos voltou?
Sim, eles O tocaram.
Com peixe e um favo de bom mel
O alimentaram.

Sinais dos cravos lhes mostrou
E o lado fez-lhes ver
Jesus à vida retornou,
Logo após morrer?
Oh! Sim!
Eu também vou reviver!
Eu também tenho descoberto a história do diário de um antepassado que se chama de Wandle Mace. Ele se converteu à Igreja logo depois que foi organizada. Neste caso não teve ninguém que apoiava ele a não ser o Espírito, que guiava ele por meio de muitos desafios. Ele teve que descobrir a verdade relativamente sozinho, e no início ele ficou muito perdido. O legado que ele deixou me faz chorar ao pensar de como Deus cuidava deste homem. Eu penso na história de muitos membros fiéis que conheci no Brasil que estão desenvolvendo uma história semelhante. Percebo que mesmo quando o amor de uma pessoa na Terra não esteja presente, o amor Dele sempre basta para o próximo passo. Um poder maior põe em realidade Seu plano e gera a força necessária para nós empurrar sempre para a frente. Muitas vezes é na forma de uma escritura poderosa que ilumina a mente, ou um sentimento que ajuda a gente tomar uma decisão importante. Mas a coisa mais poderosa que Deus pode mandar para acudir Seus filhos é uma pessoa que nos ensina. E sou grato por uma especialmente neste momento...meu Salvador, quem possibilitou a verdadeira paz e alegria por meio da Igreja verdadeira Dele.

Esta semana, deixo um desafio de Páscoa a todos. Desafio todos vocês a pensarem nas pessoas que têm apoiado vocês no certo até agora, inclusive mas não limitadas a Cristo e Pai Celestial. Pense no quanto que possibilitaram a vocês. Escrevam isso. Pensem em como podem melhor refletir esta gratidão na sua vida agora. Considerem contar para elas. E só vão!

Amo todos vocês e eu espero que vocês me escrevam de volta! Espero ouvir especialmente de vocês que aceitarem meu desafio, e que o cumprirem.

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home