Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Summer of Change Approaches!/O Verão de Mudança Vem Logo!

This last week has been a blast. Test season is close! And now there's many things to wrap up before I start another busy part of my life. Just because summer is coming doesn't mean I'm not gonna be busy...in fact, it's looking like it'll be as follows:
  1. Full-time job at IntelliServ (whooo!)
  2. ~5 credits of summer college classes, which translates to about 10 credit hours at any given time because of the accelerated nature of summer classes.
  3. Potential new temple and musical callings. THIS will be fun. :)
Yeah. Just when I thought I couldn't get any busier...but they're all things that will contribute to my future. AND I really want to do them. So, I'm betting life will be full, but happy!

I really loved this week. I've learned a lot about diligence and just how much I need to improve in it. I'm getting more and more goals and successes nailed down. Which is good, because the finals week is only a few weeks out...and then everything changes again!

There's not much to update other than that for now. I could describe the things I've studied, but I've got the feeling that there's a better time and place for that. But I just wanted to let y'all know that I love you! I'll leave a list of scriptures from my spiritual studies which I found very enlightening:
  • Helaman 12:7-17 - Man is less than the dust of the earth because it obeys God's will. What does this say about the importance of obedience?
  • Ether 3:1-4 - I always reread this whenever I felt like the difficulty of my calling was greater than I knew how to handle. It's also interesting to note how the Lord let the brother of Jared propose a solution here...which is how I've found He normally works with us too in our day-to-day.
  • Questions and Answers about the Sabbath - This is some amazing material, which was a direct response to a question I had this last week. I'm really grateful to receive the insight on this article.
  • Speak, Listen, and Love - Another incredible article that helped me to understand human relationships better, and how to help people feel loved as I interact with them and seek to serve them. This speaks about relationships in marriage, but this also applies to friends and those we must serve! Sometimes service is as simple as applying the principles taught here!
I hope you will find as much joy from reading these highlights of my studies as I did. I love reading scriptures, because I know that this brings me closer to Christ, especially from the Book of Mormon. I'm so happy to be part of Christ's true Church! I have never felt any emptiness or falseness to the message that it teaches, and hope to continue to develop myself through His way. I love you all, and hope you'll write back!

Your loving friend,

-Erich
Esta última semana tem sido demais! A estação dos testes está perta! e agora tem muitas coisas a terminar antes que eu comece outra parte ocupada da vida. Só porque tá chegando o verão não quer dizer que não estarei ocupado...na verdade, parece que vá ser assim:
  1. Emprego de tempo integral na IntelliServ (Uuuuuu!)
  2. ~5 créditos de matéria da faculdade pelo verão, que quer dizer 10 horas de crédito a qualquer tempo por causa da natureza acelerada da matéria do verão.
  3. Em potencial, novos chamados musical e do templo. ISSO será divertido. :)
É. No mesmo momento que penso que não possa ficar mais ocupado...mas são todos coisas que contribuirão para o meu futuro. *E* quero muito fazê-las. Então, aposto que a vida logo seja cheia, mas feliz!

Eu realmente adorei esta semana. Aprendi bastance sobre a diligência e o quanto que preciso melhorar a minha. Só estou pegando mais e mais metas e sucessos. Que é bom, porque os exames finais só são daqui a algumas semanas...e aí tudo muda novamente!

Não tem muito além disso em que posso atualizá-los por enquanto. Poderia descrever as coisas que estudei, mas me sinto que tenha um lugar e hora melhores para isso. Mas só queria deixá-los sabendo que amo vocês! Deixarei algumas escrituras dos estudos espirituais que achei muito reveladoras:
  • Helamã 12:7-17 - O homem é menos que o pó da terra porque obedece à vontade de Deus. O que isso diz a respeito da importância da obediência?
  • Éter 3:1-4 - Sempre releio isso quando me sentir que a dificuldade do meu chamado é mais com que sei lidar. Também é interessante anotar como o Senhor deixou que o irmão de Jarede propusesse uma solução aqui...que também é a maneira que acho que Ele geralmente trabalhe conosco em nosso dia-a-dia.
  • Perguntas e Respostas Em Relação ao Dia do Senhor - Este é um material excelente, o qual foi uma resposta direta para uma pergunta que tive esta última semana. Sou muito grante receber a inspiração neste artigo.
  • Falar, Ouvir e Amar - Outro artigo incrível que me ajudou a entender os relacionamentos humanos melhor, e como ajudar as pessoas a se sentirem amadas ao eu interagir com elas e procurar servi-las. Esse fala do relacionamento do casamento, mas também se aplica aos amigos e aos que devemos servir! Ás vezes o serviço é tão simples como aplicar os princípios ensinados aqui!
Espero que vão encontrar tanta alegria quanto eu de ler essas partes especiais dos meus estudos. Amo ler as escrituras, porque sei que isso me leva mais perto de Cristo, especialmente no caso do Libro de Mórmon. Sou tão feliz fazer parte da Igreja verdadeira de Cristo! Nunca senti vazio ou uma falsidade da mensagem que ela ensina, e espero continuar me desenvolver por meio do caminho Dele. Amo todos vocês, e espero que escrevam de volta! I hope you will find as much joy from reading these highlights of my studies as I did. I love reading scriptures, because I know that this brings me closer to Christ, especially from the Book of Mormon. I'm so happy to be part of Christ's true Church! I have never felt any emptiness or falseness to the message that it teaches, and hope to continue to develop myself through His way. I love you all, and hope you'll write back!

Seu amigo amoroso,

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home