Monday, April 7, 2014

The First Reunion/A Primeira Reunião

That's right. We saw President for Conference. :)

I love this man and his wife. I'm not surprised that his burden has increased, for he is a very diligent representative of the Savior. I feel a peace around him. And now I'm happy that I'll be able to see him every April while he serves.

He taught me something that General Conference reminded me of - we should see the world not in terms of the rights we can exercise, but in terms of the pleasure of fulfilling our duties that the Lord deemed fit to give us. Certainly the greatest satisfaction I've had in my life is to understand my role and to strive to fulfill it. President, you helped me to learn this. I hope that you will continue to help people in the same way you helped me. I'll never forget it.

Changing gears a bit, Conference was amazing. I loved the talks, though I feel like we've got a real battle in front of us now. There were a lot of bold things said by our leaders, and I know that they adopted this way of speaking for a reason. We're going to have to strengthen and prepare ourselves to be ready for what's coming in the future, I think.

Unfortunately, these are the only things I can record here for now. But I'm very grateful to be a part of the true Church, which is a sanctuary for learning and growing when we're losing the battle against evil. Fortunately, we have a friend with whose help we can overcome, and He's sent a lot of help to us. I hope that we all take advantage of the booster shot that was given us this last weekend!

I love y'all! Don't ever give up! Keep on scattering sunshine, and striving to do what you know is right!

-Erich
Tá certo. Vimos Presidente na Conferência. :)

Amo este homem e sua esposa. Eu não fico surpreso que sua carga aumentou, pois ele é um representante muito diligente do Salvador. Sinto uma paz ao redor dele. E agora fico tão feliz que tenha a oportunidade de vê-lo a cada abril enquanto servir.

Ele me ensinou algo de que Conferência Geral esta vez me lembrou - devemos ver o mundo não em termos dos direitos que podemos exercer, mas do prazer de cumprir os deveres que o Senhor achou necessário nos dar. Certamente a maior satisfação na minha vida é de entender o meu papel e me esforçar em fazer aquilo. Presidente, você me ajudou a aprender isto. Espero que continue a ajudar o povo da mesma forma que me ajudou. Nunca esquecerei.

Mudando um pouco de assunto, a Conferência foi maravilhosa. Adorei os discursos, embora me sinta agora que temos uma batalha verdadeira à nossa frente. Muitas coisas ousadas foram faladas pelos nossos líderes, e sei que eles adotaram esse jeito de falar por uma razão. A gente vai ter que se fortalecer e se preparar para estar pronto para o que vem no futuro, eu acho.

Infelizmente, estas são as únicas observações que tenho tempo de registrar aqui. Mas sou muito grato por fazer parte da Igreja verdadeira, que é um santuário para aprender e crescer quando estivermos perdendo a batalha contra o mal. Felizmente, temos um amigo com cuja ajuda nós podemos vencer, e Ele tem mandado muita ajuda mesmo para nós. Espero que todos possamos aproveitar a injeição que foi nos dado este último fim de semana!

Amo vocês! Jamais desistam! Continuem espalhando luz, e se esforçando para fazer o que sabe que é certo!

-Erich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some loves, yeah?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home